- 2 3/4 cups finely chopped peeled and pitted ripe peaches (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 6 1/2 cups sugar 2 pouches (1 box) Certo liquid fruit
- pectin (6 ounces total)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 vanilla bean, halved, seeds scraped out and reserved, bean cut into 8 small pieces
- Combine the peaches and sugar in a large mixing bowl, and stir to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sugar should be nearly dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pectin and lemon juice.
- Stir the pectin mixture into the peach-sugar mix- ture, and stir constantly until the sugar is no longer grainy and is nearly completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Add the almond extract and the vanilla seeds, and stir to combine. Spoon the jam into clean 1/2-pint or pint jars. Place 1 or 2 pieces of vanilla bean inside each jar. Cover the jars and let stand at room temperature until the jam is set, up to 24 hours.
- Store the jam in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 1 year. Defrost the jam in the fridge before serving.
Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp
Curry-scented Roasted Cauliflower
Emeril Lagasse's Spinach, Cherry, And Goat Cheese Salad With Warm Bacon Dressing
Lemon-scented Blueberry Pancakes
Cheesy Creole Tomato Pie
Cantaloupe And Pancetta Cream Sauce For Pasta
Eggplant Parmesan Napoleon With Spicy Tomato Sauce
Corn, Tomato And Lobster Salad