- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 16 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons Essence
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 pounds chorizo sausage, diced into 1/4 inch half moons
- 2 pounds (various) sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch-long chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups small diced celery
- 2 cups small diced green bell peppers
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons saffron threads
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 4 cups medium-grain rice
- 2 pounds duck confit, shredded
- 10 oz or 2 1/3 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- Set a paella pan over a grill on medium-high heat and add 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Season the chicken with 2 tablespoons of Essence and 2 teaspoons of the salt. Once the oil is hot, sear the chicken in the pan until well caramelized, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the rest of the olive oil with the chorizo to the pan and sear, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Add the sausage and cooked until well browned, an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the onions, celery and green bell peppers to the pan and sweat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saffron to the pan and return the chicken to the pan as well.
- Pour the stock in the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the chicken for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and carefully stir to incorporate. Continue to cook the rice for 15 minutes.
- Add the duck confit and the peas, turn the heat to low and continue to cook the paella until a crust begins to form on the bottom of the pan, about 5 to 7 minutes more. Serve while hot.
- Source: The Emeril Lagasse Show: Episode 7 - Emeril's Kicked-Up Seafood Fiesta
- Dish Type: Entree
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Occasion: Any
- Effort Level: Moderate
Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema And Roasted Tomato Salsa
Dessert Cinnamon Sugar Nachos With Dulce De Leche And Mexican Chocolate
Roasted Tomato Salsa
Carne Asada Mini Tortillas with Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa
Blackened Red Fish With Emeril’s Quick Cabbage And Lemon Butter
Roasted Red Pepper Mac And Cheese