- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered (not sliced) almonds
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried apples
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 300?F.
On a large baking sheet, combine the oats, almonds, and walnuts, and bake for 30 minutes, stirring once after 15 minutes. Be careful here! (To do this, remove the baking sheet from the oven using oven mitts or pot holders and mix the hot cereal with a wooden spoon, and then return to the oven.)
Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the cereal to a large mixing bowl. Add the honey and, using a large rubber spatula, stir to combine thoroughly. Add the apples and apricots and stir well. Cool, stirring occasionally. Serve at room temperature.