- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 8 slices brioche, or home-style white bread
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine the crabmeat, egg, egg white, green onions, parsley, garlic, salt and white pepper in a food processor and pulse until blended but still chunky. Add the cream cheese and pulse until smooth and thick. Add the cream and pulse until just blended, being careful not to over process.
- Spread 1/4 of the crabmeat mixture on each of 4 slices of bread, spreading it to the edges and smoothing the top. Place another slice of brioche on top and press down to make a sandwich.
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the crab toasts to the hot oil, in batches if needed, and cook until golden on the first side, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until golden on the second side, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels if needed.
- To serve, cut each toast diagonally into halves or quarters. Serve alongside the Crab Bisque.
Crab Bisque With Crab Toasts
Charlotte's Festive Party Punch
Creamed Potatoes With Spinach And Roasted Garlic
Profiteroles With Vanilla Ice Cream And Chocolate Sauce
Vanilla Ice Cream
Steen's Cane Syrup Glazed Ham
Caviar On French Toast
Pan Fried Spicy Crab Cakes
Celery Root Fries With A Crab Ravigote