- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4-inch thick slices brioche, home-style white bread, or rustic bread, 16 to 24 slices depending on size of the bread
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Combine the egg, egg white, green onions, parsley, garlic, salt and white pepper in a food processor and pulse until blended but still chunky. Add the cream cheese and pulse until smooth and thick. Add the cream and pulse until just blended, being careful not to over process. Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in the crabmeat.
Divide the crabmeat mixutre among half of the slices of bread spreading it to the edges and smoothing the top. Place remaining slies of bread on top, and press down to make a sandwich.
Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
Add the crab toasts to the hot oil, in batches if needed, and cook until golden on the first side, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until golden on the second side, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels if needed.
To serve, cut each toast diagonally into halves or quarters to desired size if necessary. Serve alongside the Crab Bisque.
Crab Bisque With Crab Toasts
Clancy's Fried Oysters With Brie
Pan Fried Catfish With Andouille Smothered White Beans
Steen's Cane Syrup Glazed Ham
Fried Soft Shell Crabs with Tasso Hollandaise
Emeril's Savory Pain Perdu
Table 10's Crab Sandwich
Crab Stuffed Soft-shells