- 2 (1 1/2-pound) lobsters
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 small red Thai chiles, seeded and diced
- 1/2 pound Napa cabbage, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 16 spring roll wrappers
- Peanut oil, for frying
- Citrus-Chile Dipping sauce
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Fill a large stockpot with water and bring to a boil. Add lobsters and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the lobsters from the pot and plunge into an ice water bath, stirring until cool. Remove the tail and claw meat and dice into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside. Discard the body and shells.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok over high heat just until smoking. Add the ginger, garlic, and chiles and stir-fry for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the diced lobster meat and cook for 1 minute, or until partially cooked. Turn the heat off under the wok and add the cabbage, carrots, green onions, and cilantro, tossing until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the lobster mixture onto a small baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes. Place filling mixture in a fine-meshed sieve and drain off any excess liquid. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg and water in a small bowl. Set aside. Place a spring roll wrapper on a clean work surface, keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp cloth until ready to use. Place 1/4 cup of the lobster mixture on each wrapper and fold in each side. Paint the edges with the egg wash and roll up tightly. Use additional egg wash to seal the wrapper closed, if needed. Set aside and cover. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Fill a wok or deep pot halfway with peanut oil and heat to 360 degrees F. Using a slotted spoon, drop the spring rolls, one by one, into the pot. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove and drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- Once the spring rolls have cooled slightly, cut them in half on the diagonal and serve warm with Citrus-Chili Dipping sauce. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.
Citrus-chili Dipping Sauce
Pork And Shrimp Spring Roll (goi Cuon) With Peanut Sauce (nuoc Leo)
Shrimp Spring Rolls With Rice Wine And Soy Dipping Sauce
Vietnamese Crispy Carrot And Cabbage Salad With Sliced Chicken And Chile-lime Marinade
Black Sticky Rice Pudding With Strawberries And Mango Syrup
Cedar-planked Teriyaki Salmon
Egg Rolls With Hot Mustard Sauce
Emeril's Inside Out Spicy Tuna Roll With Special Sauce
Vietnamese Summer Rolls With Hot Mustard Sauce