- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 5 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1 pound small shrimp (100 count per pound), peeled
- 6 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- In a medium-sized, non-reactive bowl, combine the eggs, heavy cream, and 2 teaspoons of the Essence. Whisk well to combine. In a separate bowl, blend the bread crumbs with the remaining 3 teaspoons of the Essence.
- Set a 1-gallon stockpot over medium-high heat, add the vegetable oil, and preheat the oil to 360 degrees F.
- To bread the shrimp, take about 1/3 or 1/4 of the shrimp and toss in the egg mixture. Let the shrimp sit in the marinade for up to 5 minutes. Remove and place in the bread crumb mixture. Toss well to evenly coat the shrimp, and use a coarse sieve to sift the excess bread crumbs off into another clean bowl. Repeat the process 2 more times with the remaining shrimp and breading.
- Place the breaded shrimp in the hot oil in batches, and fry, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the hot oil using a slotted spoon and drain on a paper-lined sheet pan. Serve the shrimp hot and garnish with lemon wedges.