- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing top of pizza and drizzling
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup pitted and halved Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2/3 cup grated feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 double recipe Oregano Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Place sun-dried tomatoes, the olive oil from their jar, and garlic cloves in a food processor or blender. Process on high, slowly drizzling in extra olive oil if needed to form a thick puree. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss eggplant with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until browned and tender. Cool slightly.
- Place baking stone on lowest oven rack and increase temperature to 500 degrees F.
- Place one of the oregano pizza dough circles on a baker's peel or baking sheet sprinkled with 2 tablespoons of cornmeal. Spread about 3/4 cup of the sun-dried tomato pesto on the dough circle, leaving a 3/4-inch border. Place roasted eggplant, artichoke hearts, olives, capers, and feta cheese on top of pesto. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over vegetables. Moisten the edges of the crust with a bit of water, then top with the remaining Oregano Pizza Dough circle, pressing the edges together firmly. Crimp the edges decoratively, if desired. Brush the top crust lightly with olive oil, then sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Cut 4 vents in the top of the crust to let the steam escape, or dock with a pastry docker if available. Bake until the bottom crust is browned and the top and edges are golden, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Note: Any remaining sundried tomato pesto may be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Makes a wonderful sandwich spread as well as a nice addition to vinaigrettes.
Pulled Pork Bbq Pizza
Roasted Garlic White Pizza With Garlic Sauce
Andouille Stuffed Double Cut Pork Chops
Andouille Stuffed Double Cut Pork Chops With Whiskey Braised Applesauce
Homemade Andouille Stuffed, Bacon Wrapped Double Cut Pork Chops With Awesome Ham Hock Gravy
Basic Pizza Dough
Roasted Garlic White Pizza With Cheese Stuffed Crust
Grilled Double Cut Andouille Crusted Pork Chops With A Creole Mustard, Caramelized Onion Reduction Sauce
Chili Marinated Double Cut Pork Chops