- 4 (6-ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup kalamata or other brine-cured black olives, pitted and minced
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, plus more for spreading
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices rustic white bread, or other dense white bread
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced, or 8 tomato slices
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
Preheat the broiler and position the oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler unit.
Combine the tuna, olives, mayonnaise, red onion, eggs, capers, black pepper, lemon juice, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir until well mixed.
Arrange the bread slices on a work surface. Lightly spread each slice of bread with additional mayonnaise and top with 2 tomato slices each. Divide the tuna salad evenly among the 4 bread slices over the tomatoes. Top the tuna salad with the sliced provolone.
Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and place under broiler. Cook until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
Emeril-style Tuna Melt
Grilled Prosciutto, Soppressata, And Mozzarella Panini
Marinated and Grilled London Broil with Emeril's Homemade Steak Sauce
Broiled Trout With Lemon Butter
Pressed Italian Tuna Sandwich
Emeril's Grilled Tuna Pan Bagnat Sandwich
The Veggie-Portobello Burger
Columbia Street Grinder
Three Cheese Veggie Sandwich