- 2 pounds beef tenderloin fillet tips, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices French or Italian bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 (8-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 4 large heads romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- Creamy Parmesan Dressing
- 4 ounces shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
Place the fillet tips in a shallow non-reactive dish. Combine the red wine vinegar, red wine, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, Worcestershire, garlic, shallots, Essence, soy sauce, mustard and black pepper in a non-reactive mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Pour marinade over the meat, stirring to coat the meat well with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight, turning meat occasionally.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and lightly brush both sides with the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil. Sprinkle with Essence. Bake for 8 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Set aside.
Preheat a grill to high. Thread the marinated meat cubes onto skewers, dividing the meat evenly. Grill the skewers until the meat is cooked to your liking, about 4 to 5 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the grill and set aside on a plate while you assemble the salads.
Place the lettuce in a large bowl and toss with the dressing to taste. Divide the salad among 6 large salad plates and top each plate with 1 of the skewers . Garnish each salad with 2 croutons and top with shaved Parmesan. Serve immediately.
Port Marinated Grilled Flap Steak With Parsley Dipping Sauce
Grilled Flat-Iron Steak with Avocado, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad
Baby Spinach Salad with Grilled Tomato Dressing
Warm Grilled Potato And Fennel Salad With Herbed Buttermilk Dressing
Grilled Marinated Flank Steaks
Marinated and Grilled London Broil with Emeril's Homemade Steak Sauce
Grilled Stuffed Quail With Kicked-up Lentil Salade Au Lardon
Laotian Grilled Pork Skewers With Papaya Salad And Sticky Rice
Grilled Smashed Potatoes