- 2 pounds beef tenderloin fillet tips, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices French or Italian bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 (8-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 4 large heads romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- Creamy Parmesan Dressing
- 4 ounces shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Place the fillet tips in a shallow non-reactive dish. Combine the red wine vinegar, red wine, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, Worcestershire, garlic, shallots, Essence, soy sauce, mustard and black pepper in a non-reactive mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Pour marinade over the meat, stirring to coat the meat well with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight, turning meat occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and lightly brush both sides with the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil. Sprinkle with Essence. Bake for 8 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Set aside.
- Preheat a broiler to high. Thread the marinated meat cubes onto skewers, dividing the meat evenly. Broil the skewers about 4 inches from the heat, until the meat is cooked to your liking, about 4 to 5 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the broiler and set aside on a plate while you assemble the salads.
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl and toss with the dressing to taste. Divide the salad among 6 large salad plates and top each plate with 1 of the skewers . Garnish each salad with 2 croutons and top with shaved Parmesan. Serve immediately.
Grilled Spiny Lobster With A Warm Tomato Salad, Garlic Creamed New Potatoes And A Drizzle Of White Truffle Oil
Fried Wontons With Oriental Noodle Salad And Grilled Flank Steak
Grilled Flat-iron Steak With Avocado, Tomato, And Red Onion Salad
Rock Shrimp Pepper Jack Spring Roll With Marinated Mango, Sesame Cucumber Salad, Guacamole And Chipotle Vinaigrette
Crabmeat, Asparagus, And Tomato Salad, Two Ways
Classic Caesar Salad
Caesar 'lite' Salad
Grilled Flank Steak with Cebollitas (grilled green onions)
Rib Steak, Bordeaux Style