- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 1 pound mild ground Italian sausage, casings removed
- One 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles (do not drain)
- 1/4 cup (2 to 3) finely diced jalapeÒos
- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell peppers
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Southwest Essence
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- Salsa, for serving (optional), or
- use your favorite brand
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- In a large bowl, combine the sirloin, sausage, diced tomatoes and green chiles, jalapeÒos, red and yellow peppers, and egg. Using clean hands, mix the ingredients together well.
- Add the salt, pepper, and Emeril's Southwest Essence and mix well.
- Add the crushed tortilla chips and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Form the mixture into one large loaf and place in a nonstick loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until the top of the loaf is nicely browned and the juices run clear.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and serve warm. Top with salsa, if desired.
Carne Asada Mini Tortillas With Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa
Kicked Up Spinach And Artichoke Dip
Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema And Roasted Tomato Salsa
Roasted Tomato Salsa
Sammy And Emeril’s Favorite Paella
Dessert Cinnamon Sugar Nachos With Dulce De Leche And Mexican Chocolate