- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 1 pound mild ground Italian sausage, casings removed
- One 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles (do not drain)
- 1/4 cup (2 to 3) finely diced jalapeÒos
- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell peppers
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Southwest Essence
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- Salsa, for serving (optional), or 
- use your favorite brand
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- In a large bowl, combine the sirloin, sausage, diced tomatoes and green chiles, jalapeÒos, red and yellow peppers, and egg. Using clean hands, mix the ingredients together well.
- Add the salt, pepper, and Emeril's Southwest Essence and mix well.
- Add the crushed tortilla chips and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Form the mixture into one large loaf and place in a nonstick loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until the top of the loaf is nicely browned and the juices run clear.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and serve warm. Top with salsa, if desired.