- 4 1/2 pounds eggplant (about 4 large globe eggplants)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Pita Chips
Preheat the oven to 500ËšF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Poke the eggplants randomly all over with the tines of a fork and place on the prepared baking sheet. Roast, turning once, until the eggplants are soft, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Peel the eggplants and put the flesh into the bowl of a food processor. Add 1/4 cup of the lemon juice, 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, the garlic, tahini, salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and fold in the onions. With the back of a spoon, make a shallow indentation in the middle of the dip. Drizzle in the remaining teaspoon extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, sprinkle with the parsley, and serve with Pita Chips.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Pistachio Mint Couscous
Tagine Of Chicken With Preserved Lemons And Cerignola Olives
Beer Battered Fried Okra Stuffed With Crabmeat And A Spicy Green Onion Dipping Sauce
Emeril's Con Queso
Pan Fried Spicy Crab Cakes
Oven Crispy Cheese Fries
Hot Crab Dip