- 8 thin slices ciabatta or other Italian bread
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ripe plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounces baby spinach, rinsed and spun dry
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- With a pastry brush, lightly coat both sides of the bread with the extra-virgin olive oil.
- Place the tomatoes on the grill and roast, turning, until the skin is evenly charred. Remove the tomatoes. Place the bread on the grill and cook, turning, until marked and lightly toasted on both sides, about 2 minutes. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and seed the tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes in a blender with the oil, vinegar, and garlic and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the spinach in a large salad bowl and top with the artichoke hearts and onions. Toss with the dressing to lightly coat. Crumble the blue cheese on top and serve with the toasted bread on the side.
Teardrop Tomato And Watercress Salad With Crabmeat Ravigote
Grilled Flat-iron Steak With Avocado, Tomato, And Red Onion Salad
Tomato, Shallot, And Cucumber Salad
Grilled Tuna With Black Bean Chili, Avocados And Fried Tortillas
Grilled Shrimp With Mango Salsa
Cilantro Potato Salad
Avocado, Tomato, And Red Onion Salad
Warm Pea Shoot And Rock Shrimp Salad With Hoisin Dressing And Crispy Wontons
Grilled Spiny Lobster Tails, Baby Spinach-jicama Salad And Orange-cilantro Vinaigrette
Your Favorite Fruit Salad