- 1/2 pound raw bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound roasted turkey meat, diced
- 4 ounces Maytag blue cheese or other domestic cheese, crumbled
- 4 large hard boiled eggs, thinly sliced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cleaned, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup flour
- 1 large red onion cut into thin rings
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the fryer.
- In a sauté pan, over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels. Whisk the mustard, vinegar, and honey, all to taste, into the bacon fat. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, cheese, eggs, crispy bacon, tomatoes, avocados, lettuce, and green onions. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge the red onion rings in the seasoned flour, coating completely and shaking off the excess. Fry the onion rings until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt. Toss the lettuce with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, mound a quarter of the salad in the center of each serving plate. Pile the onions on top of each salad. Garnish with parsley.
Curry Turkey Salad
Cranberry Bread Pudding
Grilled Turkey With Pomegranate Black Pepper Glaze
Overstuffed Pumpkin With Cornbread, Apples And Turkey Sausage With Sauvignon Blanc
Make Your Own Salad With Creamy Green Salad Dressing
Cucumber Papaya Salad
Molokai Sweet Potato Salad
Big Island Tomato And Maui Onion Salad
Island Green Bean Salad
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad