- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 (15-ounce) can chopped tomatoes and their juices
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Cornbread Topping
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, for topping
- Chopped green onions, garnish
- Chipotle Crema
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the chicken with Essence on all sides.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to the pan and when hot, add the onions, bell peppers and jalapeno. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, bay leaf, salt, and cayenne, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the corn and cook until starting to color and pop, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and their juices and the stock, and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring until thickened, 7 to 10 minutes. Return the chicken to the pot and cook until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and discard the bay leaf. Stir in the cilantro and adjust the seasoning, to taste. Spoon the cornmeal batter over the chicken mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the sides.
- Bake until golden brown, 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cheese on top. Return to the oven until melted, 2 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Garnish with the chopped green onions and drizzle with the crema. Serve hot.
Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema And Salsa Fresca
Chicken Chili With Cornbread Topping
Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema And Roasted Tomato Salsa
Corn And Goat Cheese Chili Con Queso With Sourdough Cornbread
Shrimp And Green Onion Pancakes With Cilantro And Lime Crema
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips
Brunch In A Cast Iron Skillet: Oysters, Tasso, Bacon And Grits
Mexican Chipotle Crema