- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease, melted, or vegetable oil
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Beat together the buttermilk, egg, and bacon grease in a small mixing bowl. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just blended, being careful not to overmix.
Chicken Chili With Cornbread Topping
Andouille Cornbread Dressing
Creole Cornbread Stuffing
Chicken Chili With Cornbread Topping And Chipotle Crema
Serious Southern Cornbread
Gaufrette Potatoes Topped With Cilantro Cream
Cornbread And Andouille Dressing