- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream, plus 2 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon, stirring, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels. Into a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Cut in the butter, cheese, green onions, and pepper with a pastry blender or fork, and work just until it starts to form lumps and come together. Add the bacon. Add 1 cup of the cream and work just until it becomes a sticky dough, being careful not to overwork.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and pat until it comes together. Form into 2 large circles, about 7 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch thick and cut each into 8 wedges with a sharp knife. Transfer to baking sheet with a spatula, leaving 1/2-inch space between each wedge. Paint the tops of the wedges lightly with the remaining 2 tablespoons of cream and bake until golden brown, 22 to 23 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly on the baking sheet. Serve warm.
Apple Smoked Bacon, White Cheddar And Potato Omelet
Cheddar Cheese And Beer Soup With Tempura Broccoli Florets
Crawfish Stuffed Veal Chops With Crawfish Marchand De Vin Sauce And Creamy White Cheddar Cheese Grits
Mini Cheddar Cheese Souffles In Tomato Shells
Apple Cranberry Crisp With Oat Topping And Cheddar Cheese
White Cheddar Crackers
Lime Scented Scones With Cherry Compote
Tomato Herb Bread And Olive Ricotta Spread Tea Sandwiches
Apple Nut Muffins With Streusel Topping
Sweetened Whipped Cream