- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 large fresh portobello mushrooms, wiped clean and stems removed
- 4 thick Vidalia onion slices
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola, thinly sliced
- 4 large whole wheat hamburger buns or large kaiser rolls
- Lemon Aioli
- 1 bunch watercress, rinsed and dried, stems removed
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, garlic, and rosemary. Place the mushrooms in a large re-sealable plastic bag, or a baking dish, and cover with the marinade. Marinate for at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours.
- Prepare the grill.
- Remove the mushrooms from the marinade and pat dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper, and place gill sides-down on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes, then turn. Arrange the cheese and onion slices on the gills of each mushroom and continue to cook until tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Open the rolls and lightly toast on the grill, insides down.
- Place 1 grilled mushroom inside each bun and garnish each, to taste, with aioli. Divide the watercress among the 4 buns and serve immediately.
Seared Scallops With A Portobello Mushroom And Truffle Emuslion, Shaved Truffles And Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese
Dandelion And Bitter Greens With Fried Potatoes And Warm Bacon Dressing
Blue Cheese Butter Spread, And Blue Cheese Butter Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Butter Infused Pan Sauce
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms Over Angel Hair With St. John's Cheese Sauce
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Over Angel Hair With St. John's Cheese Sauce
Grilled Fillet Of Beef With Blue Cheese Glacage, With Bacon And Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes And A Drizzle Of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Portobello Sandwich With Mashed Root Vegetables And A Mushroom Stew
Blt Cheesecake With Lemon Aioli
Baby Arugula With Smithfied Ham, Maytag Blue Cheese, And Fresh Fig Vinaigrette