- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (6 pound) leg of lamb, trimmed of fat
- 3 pounds baby potatoes, rinsed well and halved (if larger than 1 1/2 inches in diameter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- In a bowl, whisk together the mustard, red wine and garlic. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil to form an emulsion, then whisk in the herbs, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture over the lamb, coating the outside completely. Place the lamb in a large plastic bag and cover with any remaining marinade. Seal the bag, refrigerate and let marinate at least 8 and up to 48 hours, turning the bag occasionally to coat evenly.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the remaining ingredients, turning to coat evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the lamb in a large roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread the potatoes evenly around the lamb. Return to the oven and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of lamb registers 140 degrees F. for medium-rare, about 1 hour more. Remove the lamb from the pan and place on a platter to rest for 15 minutes before carving. Return the potatoes to the oven to continue cooking while the meat rests.
- Carve the lamb and serve with the hot roasted potatoes.
Roasted Leg Of Lamb With Goat Cheese Potatoes And Sauce Perigueux
Crabmeat Stuffed Pompano With Roasted Baby Leeks And A Parsley Garlic Butter Sauce
Seared Venison Chops With Elderberry Reduction, Garlic Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes, And Sauteed Baby Spinach
Rosemary And Garlic Roast Leg Of Lamb
Roasted Rack Of Lamb With Goat's Cheese Potatoes And Sauce P…rigueux
Crawfish And Goat's Cheese Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Rosemary Jus
Roasted Alaskan Salmon With Granny Smith Apple Butter Sauce, And Herbed Potato Cakes
Garlic And Herb Roasted Potatoes
Tuna Au Poivre With Roasted Garlic And Corn Mashed Potatoes
Emeril's Grilled Cowboy Steak With Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Fried Oysters And A Drizzle Of Homemade Worcestershire Sauce