- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 or 4 large)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup pecan pieces
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large, heavy pot and add enough water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil.
- Cook the potatoes at a low boil until they are fork-tender, between 30 and 45 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes. Have an adult help you test the potatoesóthe water is boiling hot!
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, drain in a colander set in the sink, pouring away from you. Set the potatoes aside and allow to cool for at least 1 hour before handling. Be extra careful draining the potatoesótheyíre heavy!
- Make sure the oven rack is in the center position and preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Place the potatoes on a cutting board and cut in half crosswise. Gently but firmly squeeze each potato to remove the meat from the skin. Discard the skins and place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the butter, the heavy cream, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, the orange juice, cinnamon, allspice, and salt to the potatoes, and mix well with a large wire whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, the remaining 1 cup of brown sugar, and the pecan pieces. Stir with a fork to blend well.
- Spoon the mashed sweet-potato mixture into a 9-inch cake pan. Dot the top evenly with the pecan mixture, then arrange the marshmallows over the nuts.
- Bake until the marshmallows are golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Using the mitts or pot holders, remove the pan from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Man Oh Man Potato Casserole
Emerilized Tuna Casserole
Make Your Own Baked Potatoes With Special Sauce
Now You're Talkin Mashed Potatoes
One Stop Breakfast Casserole
Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Make 'em Pancakes
Yummy Creamy Chicken
Go Nuts For Banana Bread
You Gotta Love Spaghetti And Meatballs