- CANNOLI SHELLS:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala or other dry red wine
- 2 beaten egg whites
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cannoli molds (tubes for shaping shells during frying)
- CANNOLI FILLING:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons Nocella, or other nut-flavored liqueur
- 1/4 cup finely chopped candied fruit
- 1/2 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Into a bowl sift together the flour, sugar and salt.
- With your fingers, work the wine gradually into the dry ingredients to form a stiff dough. Form into a ball, wrap in plastic and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour. With a cutter, cut out a few rounds 5-inches in diameter. Wrap each round onto a cannoli mold, sealing the edges with egg white.
- In a deep sauté pan, heat the oil to 350°F.
- Fry the cannoli in batches until just golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels, let cool, then gently slip the molds from the cannolis and add to rest PREDONE.
- (Note: Shells can be made 3 days in advance and kept at room temperature in an airtight contaIner.)
- Have the cream whipped.
- Fold in the ricotta with a rubber spatula, working until creamy. Fold in the sugar, Nocella and candied fruit. Place 1 cannoli shell on a flat surface. Working from either end, fill the cannoli with the ricotta filling (using a pastry bag, if desired), pressing gently to ensure that themiddle is filled. Dip both ends in the melted chocolate, then into the pistachios, and place on a wax paper lined baking sheet with others PREDONE.
Chocolate Covered Cannolis
Cannoli Dessert Calzone
Cheese Ravioli With Butter Sauce
Three Cheese Ravioli With Emeril's Red Pepper Sauce, Ricotta Salata And Crispy Sage Leaves
Tagliatelle With Kicked Up Tomato Pasta Sauce, Parmesan Regiano And Fresh Basil
Pancetta And Marinara Sauce
Cantaloupe And Pancetta Cream Sauce For Pasta