- 1 (1 1/2-inch thick) sushi grade tuna loin or 2 pound tuna steak
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Herbes de Provence
- 5 crusty French bread or ciabatta rolls
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Rub the tuna on all sides with the oil and lightly season with salt, pepper and the herbs. Grill, turning, until medium-rare about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
With a fork, scrape out the inner crumbs from both halves of bread. Spread both sides of each roll with tapenade. On the bottom slices of bread, layer the tomatoes and onions over the tapenade and top with the egg and tuna. Close the sandwich and serve with a side salad.
Grilled Fish Sandwich with Roasted Corn Aioli
Mini Grilled Truffle Cheese Sandwiches
Grilled Fontina, Salami And Roasted Pepper Sandwiches
Grilled Almond-Butter Sandwiches with Bananas and Semisweet Chocolate
Grilled Cheese "Sandwitch''
Croque Madame On A Croissant
Grilled Spinach and Artichoke Dip Sandwich
Delmonico’s Pan Sautéed Drum Meuniere
Roast Beef Po'Boy
Chorizo and Sauteed Pepper Sandwich with Lemony Olive Oil-Cilantro Drizzle