- 4 medium acorn squash, cut in half and cleaned
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 cups alfredo sauce, or your favorite creamy white pasta sauce
- 1/2 pound rigatoni pasta, cooked until tender, tossed in olive oil and cooled
- 1/2 pound Mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage leaves (optional)
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Season the squash with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet, flesh side up and 1/2 cup water to the pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and set aside while you prepare the pasta filling.
In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, brown the sausage, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the sausage and drain on paper towels.
In a large mixing bowl, toss the sausage with the pasta sauce, pasta, mozzarella cheese, basil and sage. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
Spoon the pasta mixture into the cavity of each squash. Place the filled squashes on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Bake until the squash is heated through and the cheese melts. Place the filled squash in the center of each plate. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
Butternut Squash Lasagna With Italian Sausage And Sage
Baked Butternut Squash With Italian Sausage Stuffing
Baked Ziti In A Mornay Sauce With Italian Sausage And Fennel
Baked Ziti With Italian Sausage And Fennel
Braised Apples, Roasted Acorn Squash, And Fresh Thyme
Sugar And Spice Acorn Squash
Veal Piccata with Angel Hair and Parmigiana-Reggiano
Kicked-Up Sausage Macaroni and Cheese
Pasta And Swiss Chard In Broth With Meatballs
Pasta With Vodka Sauce And Sausage