- 4 medium acorn squash, cut in half and cleaned
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 cups basic tomato sauce
- 1/2 rigatoni pasta, cooked until tender, tossed in olive oil and cooled
- 1/2 pound Mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Season the squash with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet, flesh side up and 1/2 cup water to the pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, brown the sausage, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the sausage and drain on paper towels.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the sausage with the tomato sauce, pasta and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon the pasta mixture into the cavity of each squash. Place the filled squashes on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake until the squash is heated through and the cheese melts. Place the filled squash in the center of each plate. Garnish parsley and serve.
- Makes: 4 or 8 servings
Sugar And Spice Acorn Squash
Kicked-Up Sausage Macaroni and Cheese
Golden Spaghetti Squash (doce Dourado De Chila)
Roasted Butternut Squash Ravioli With A Sage Brown Butter Sauce
Roasted Chicken Breasts With Roasted Acorn Squash, Braised Pears, And A Pear Cider Reduction
Roasted Acorn Squash Salad With Maple Syrup Dressing
Sausage Pizza With Caramelized Onions And Peppers
Veal Piccata with Angel Hair and Parmigiana-Reggiano
Pumpkin Bread Sandwich With A Pumpkin Seed And Cream Cheese Filling
Fresh Coconut Cake With A Lemon Cream Cheese Filling And Boiled Icing