- 1/2 cup Green Mole Sauce
- 4 Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons dark cane syrup (or corn syrup, if you canít find cane)
- 3 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Emerilís Southwest Seasoning
- 4 large pork loin chops (each about 8 to 10 ounces and 2 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Mole Cream
- Prepare the Green Mole Sauce up to a week ahead.
- Prepare the Roasted Sweet Potatoes, and keep warm.
- Preheat the broiler.
- To prepare the glaze, combine the tamarind paste, garlic, syrup, molasses, ketchup, water, pepper, and 1 tablespoon Southwest Seasoning in a food processor or blender. PurÈe until pasty. Makes 3/4 cup.
- With your hands, rub the pork chops on both sides with the remaining 4 teaspoons Southwest Seasoning, using 1 teaspoon per chop. Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the chops and sear for 4 minutes on each side and 2 minutes on the fat edge.
- Arrange the chops on a rack in a baking pan and place on the middle rack of the broiler, about 5 inches from the flame. Broil for 5 minutes on the first side. Brush both sides of each chop with some of the tamarind paste, turn the chops to the second side, and broil for 5 minutes. Turn the chops again, baste with the paste, and broil until brown and gooey, for about 5 minutes longer---a total of about 15 minutes.
- While the chops are broiling, prepare the Mole Cream.
- To serve, spoon 1/4 cup of the Mole Cream on each of 4 plates, add 1 pork chop, and brush with the tamarind glaze. Add a Roasted Sweet Potato to each plate.
- Yield; 4 main-course servings
- Note: Tamarind paste can be purchased in Latin American, Indian, or Indonesian specialty stores.
Double Cut Pork Chops With Tamarind Glaze, Green Mole Sauce And Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
Tamarind Glazed Pork Chops With Mole Cream
Monster Herbed Veal Chops With Rosemary Potato Crisps And Roasted Shallot Sauce
Glazed Baby Back Ribs With Plum Sauce And Cilantro Potato Salad
Curry Crusted Lamb Chops With Garlic Wine Sauce And Potato Shallot Custards
Pork Medallions With Braised Red And Green Cabbages And Roasted Shallots
Seared Chile Marinated Breast Of Chicken With Mole Cream Sauce And Tamarind Glaze
New New Creole Pork Chops With White Beans
Unstuffed Pork Chops With Herbed Shallot Sauce
Paneed Chicken With Creamed Garlic Potatoes And Braised Kale