- Lemon Dill Sauce, for serving
- 1 large Idaho potato, boiled until fork-tender, drained, and mashed or riced
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) chopped smoked salmon
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 10 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs (see note below)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely minced red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence or other Creole seasoning
Prepare the Lemon Dill Sauce, and set aside.
Place the mashed or riced potatoes in a medium bowl and set aside. Add the smoked salmon, shallots, garlic, capers, mustard, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt, white and black peppers, lemon juice, egg, and half-and-half to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until well-combined, about 20 seconds. Add this to the bowl with the potatoes and fold mixture together, making sure that everything is thoroughly mixed.
Divide the mixture into 1/4 cup portions, and form each portion into a small cake. Pat lightly to make a nice smooth shape. Set cakes aside.
Combine the bread crumbs with the Creole Seasoning in a bowl. Dredge and redredge each salmon cake in the seasoned crumbs.
Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry half of the cakes in the hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining oil and remaining cakes, wiping the skillet out between batches if necessary.
While the cakes are frying, reheat the sauce over very low heat. Do not allow sauce to boil or it will separate.
To serve, place 2 salmon cakes on each plate and drizzle some of the Lemon Dill Sauce around the cakes. Sprinkle with some of the green onions and red bell peppers. Serve hot.
Note: To make homemade fresh breadcrumbs, remove the crusts from a dense, homemade-type white bread, and process 3 or 4 slices at a time in a food processor or blender until crumbs form. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Smoked Salmon Potato Hash With Poached Eggs And Caviar
Crawfish Cakes With Crawfish Cream
Spicy Chicken Rellenos with Tequila Lime Sauce
Pork Medallions With Braised Red And Green Cabbages And Roasted Shallots
Smoked Salmon Souffles With Dilly Egg Sauce And Caviar
Smoked Salmon Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Grilled Filet of Beef with Blue Cheese Glacage, Bacon and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and a Drizzle of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Duck And Pumpkin Risotto With Toasted Pumpkin Seeds And Duck Cracklings
Crawfish Egg Rolls With Hot Sesame Drizzle
Lemon Dill Sauce