- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound (1 generous cup) peeled medium shrimp, cut in thirds
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Shrimp Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 4 whole flounder (1 to 1 1/4 pounds each), skin on, headless, boned, cleaned, split down the center of the belly, and ready to be stuffed
- 2 cups Sauce Piquante
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onions, green onions, celery, bell peppers, and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, sprinkle them with 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning and saute for 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir in the stock, Worcestershire, and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the bread crumbs until thoroughly incorporated. Makes 2 cups stuffing.
Spread the remaining 1 tablespoon oil on a baking sheet, rub the flounder in the oil, and place belly-up on the sheet. Open the flaps to expose the insides of the fish, and using the remaining Creole Seasoning, sprinkle all over the inside of each flounder. Stuff each with 1/2 cup of the stuffing and replace the flaps. Sprinkle each fish with 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and bake until brown and juicy, for about 18 minutes.
While the fish are baking, prepare the Sauce Piquante.
To serve, place a whole stuffed flounder on each of 4 dinner plates and spoon 1/2 cup of the Sauce Piquante over each. Sprinkle each fish with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
Note: If you are not able to find flounder in your area substitute for a delicate flavored white flaky fish. In Emeril's Test Kitchen we have used drum, snapper or grouper in lieu of flounder.
Crawfish Cakes With Crawfish Cream
Chanterelle, Crabmeat, and Fettuccine with Lemon Butter Sauce
Sauteed Grouper With Crawfish Cream Sauce
Andre's Barbecued Shrimp And Homemade Biscuits
Shrimp Gratin With Mornay Sauce
Emeril’s New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp
Beignets with a Cafe Au Lait Creme Anglaise
Barbecued Salmon with Andouille and Potato Hash