- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound (1 generous cup) peeled medium shrimp, cut in thirds
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Shrimp Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 4 whole flounder (1 to 1 1/4 pounds each), skin on, headless, boned, cleaned, split down the center of the belly, and ready to be stuffed
- 2 cups Sauce Piquante
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onions, green onions, celery, bell peppers, and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, sprinkle them with 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning and stir-fry for 1 minute. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir in the stock, Worcestershire, and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the bread crumbs until thoroughly incorporated. Makes 2 cups stuffing.
- Spread the remaining 1 tablespoon oil on a baking sheet, rub the flounder in the oil, and place belly-up on the sheet. Open the flaps to expose the insides of the fish, and using the remaining Creole Seasoning, sprinkle 1 teaspoon all over the inside of each flounder. Stuff each with 1/2 cup of the stuffing and replace the flaps. Bake until brown and juicy, for about 18 minutes.
- While the fish are baking, prepare the Sauce Piquante.
- To serve, place a whole stuffed flounder on each of 4 dinner plates and spoon 1/2 cup of the Sauce Piquante over each. Sprinkle each fish with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
- Note: Remove the crusts from a dense, homemade-type white bread, and crumb 3 or 4 slices at a time in a food processor or blender. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Crab Stuffed Shrimp With Tomato Butter And White Bean Relish
Chicken Andouille Hash With Poached Eggs And Sauce Piquante
Spicy Salt Cod Cakes With Fondue Piquante And Fava Bean Relish
Crawfish Stuffed Filet Mignon With Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce
Oyster Stuffed Turkey Roll With Sage Reduction Sauce
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Chicken Pockets Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Chorizo, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Southern Style Black Eye Peas
Pork Roulade With Andouille Corn Bread Stuffing, Sage Jus, And Mango Chutney
Stuffed Chicken Legs In Pastry With Andouille Cream