- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) chopped andouille sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup Basic Chicken Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups crumbled JalapeÒo Corn Muffins, about 5 muffins
- 1 rolled lean pork roast, unrolled and pounded flat between sheets of plastic wrap to about 1/2 inch thickness (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Sage Jus
- 2 cups Mango Chutney
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt the butter. When the butter sizzles, add the onions, celery, and bell peppers and sautÈ for 1 minute. Add the andouille and sautÈ for 1 minute. Add the green onions and garlic and sautÈ for 1 minute. Stir in the stock, salt, and pepper, and turn off the heat. Turn the mixture into a very large bowl, crumble in the JalapeÒo Corn Muffins, and stir until thoroughly incorporated. The mixture should be moist but not wet.
- Remove the pounded meat from the plastic wrap, place on a flat surface, and sprinkle the top side with 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning. Spread about half of the stuffing mixture vertically down the center. Roll up and place the stuffed pork roll, seam side down, in a roasting pan. Sprinkle the outside of the roll with the remaining 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning. Roast until the meat is brown and juicy, for about 55 to 60 minutes.
- While the pork roll is roasting, prepare the Sage Jus, and cover to keep warm. Prepare the Mango Chutney, and set aside.
- To serve, cut the pork roll into 6 or 8 slices. Place 1 slice on each plate, and spoon 3 or 4 tablespoons of the Sage Jus on top. Add a mound of the Mango Chutney (1/3 cup for 6 servings, 1/4 cup for 8).
Rack Of Lamb With Creole Mustard Crust, Rosemary Jus, And Apple Mint Relish
Andouille Corn Bread Stuffing
Oyster Stuffed Turkey Roll With Sage Reduction Sauce
Duck Roulades With Avocado, Pistachios, And Pistachio Armagnac Sauce
Stuffed Chicken Legs In Pastry With Andouille Cream
Tender Roast Chicken With Chestnut Corn Bread Dressing
Herbed Lamb Patties With Creole Ratatouille And Rosemary Jus
Quail Milton with Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles and Port Wine Sauce