- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons seeded and minced jalapeÒo peppers
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels, scraped from 3 or 4 blanched ears of corn
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with the softened butter.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs with the jalapeños and corn. Stir in the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Beat in the milk and oil. Pour the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake until golden, for about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.