- One 4- to 5-pound sirloin tip roast, netted or tied at 1-inch intervals
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and cut lengthwise in half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Emerilís Original Essence or
- Creole Seasoning
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 large carrots
- 4 medium celery ribs, cut crosswise in half
- 4 medium yellow onions, quartered
- 16 small red potatoes (each about 1 1/2 inches in diameter), scrubbed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- With a small sharp knife, make twenty-four 1 1/2-inch-deep slits about 2 inches apart in the roast. Insert the garlic pieces into the slits. Mix 1 tablespoon of the Essence, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1 teaspoon of the pepper and rub all over the roast.
- Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the roast and brown on all sides, about 8 minutes total. Set aside.
- Lay the carrots and celery, alternating them, in the bottom of a roasting pan. Scatter the onions and potatoes over the carrots and celery. Season the vegetables with the remaining Essence and salt and pepper. Put the bay leaves on top of the vegetables. Put the roast on top of the vegetables.
- Whisk 1 cup water, the red wine, and tomato paste in a small mixing bowl. Pour the mixture over the roast. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the pot roast from the oven and baste with the pan juices. Reduce the heat to 350?F. Cover, return to the oven, and continue cooking until the meat is very tender, about 2 hours, basting the roast every 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and baste with the pan juices. Remove and discard the bay leaves. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Carve the roast and serve with the vegetables and the pan juices.
Garlic Schmeared Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Roast Flounder Stuffed With Eggplant Corn Bread Dressing
Roasted Pork Loin
Roasted Red Snapper In Creole Sauce
Roasted Smothered Scrod With Onion Crisps
Tangerine Glazed Roasted Chicken
Kicked Up Fried Calamari with Creole Olive Salad
Dad's Meat Loaf
Black Bean And Roasted Pepper Salsa
Chilled Roasted Beef And Fennel Soup With Apple-mint Crema And Toasted Pistachios