- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Ruby Red grapefruit
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups arugula, stemmed, washed, and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Vodka-and-Citrus-Cured Salmon, thinly sliced
- Blood Orange Gastrique
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Trim off the fennel stalks, cut the bulb in half, and remove the tough core. Toss the fennel with the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Put the fennel in a roasting pan cut side down and roast until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Peel the grapefruit and trim away all of the white pith. Working over a bowl, using a serrated knife, cut between the membranes to release the grapefruit segments. Pat the grapefruit segments dry with paper towels, then toss with the sugar.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the grapefruit and cook, turning once, until each segment is caramelized, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Thinly slice the fennel. Place in a mixing bowl and toss with the arugula, extra-virgin olive oil, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add the grapefruit and toss well.
- Mound the fennel salad in the centers of four serving plates and arrange the sliced salmon around it. Drizzle the gastrique over the salads. Garnish with the parsley and serve.
Blood Orange Gastrique
Grilled Lobster Tails with a Ruby Red Grapefruit And Tarragon Vinaigrette
Vodka And Citrus Cured Salmon
Caramelized Ruby Red Grapefruit Salad
Mini Open Faced Corn Cake And Salmon Salad Sandwiches With Beluga Caviar
Grape Tomato, Arugula, And Red Onion Salad
Caramelized Onion and Parmesan Cheese Soup with Parmesan Cheese Toasts
Watercress, Endive And Strawberry Salad With Gravlax And A Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Kicked Up Fried Calamari with Creole Olive Salad
Crabmeat Salad With Asparagus And Zucchini Blossoms