- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- 1/2 cup sliced purple onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Watermelon Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- WATERMELON VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 tablespoons currant jelly
- 1/4 cup pureed watermelon (in blender, process chunks of seeded watermelon until pureed)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except the vinaigrette and pepper. Just before serving, toss the salad mixture with the vinaigrette. Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper.
WATERMELON VINAIGRETTE: In a small saucepan, heat the jelly until just melted; cool. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well blended. Store in the refrigerator. Shake well before using.
Makes 1/2 cup of dressing