- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- One-half cup sliced purple onion
- One-third cup crumbled feta cheese
- One-half watermelon vinaigrette
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- WATERMELON VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 tablespoons currant jelly
- One-fourth cup pureed watermelon (in blender, process chunks of seeded watermelon until pureed)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- One-fourth teaspoon garlic pepper
- One-eighth teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except the vinaigrette and pepper. Just before serving, toss the salad mixture with the vinaigrette. Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper.
- WATERMELON VINAIGRETTE: In a small saucepan, heat the jelly until just melted; cool. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well blended. Store in the refrigerator. Shake well before using.
- Makes 1/2 cup of dressing