- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Emerilís Original Essence or Creole Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- One 3 1/2 to 4-pound puppy drum or redfish, fillets removed with scales intact
- One-fourth cup finely chopped fresh herbs, such as tarragon, thyme, basil, or chives
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Lay the fillets on the grill, scale side down, and brush generously with melted butter mixture. Close the grill cover and cook for 3 minutes. Open the grill and brush the fillets again generously with more melted butter mixture. Close the grill cover and cook for 3 additional minutes. Repeat this process until the flesh is firm and opaque, for a total cooking time of about 15 minutes for this size fish. Remove from the grill and serve immediately.
Note: I suggest serving this with some grilled veggies for a complete “al fresco” dining experience. We grilled zucchini slices (about ½-inch thick) in about the same time it took to grill the fish.