- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 medium-size eggplant (about 12 ounces), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 pound medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1 dozen freshly shucked oysters, with their liquor
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or scallions (green part only)
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant, onions, salt, and cayenne and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining 4 tablespoons butter and the flour and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Stream in the milk, stirring constantly, and cook until the mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the shrimp. Simmer for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the crabmeat, oysters, cheese, and green onions and stir gently to mix. Serve hot.
Salt And Herb Crusted Red Snapper
Crawfish And Sausage Jambalaya
Pan Seared Escolar With Crabmeat And Chanterelles
Poached Trout With Lemon Butter Sauce And Parsley Potatoes
Shredded Pork Flautas With Corn And Goat Queso
Braised Cabbage With Corn Beef Hash
Petits Filets With Blue Cheese Gla«age
Pistachio Crusted Rack Of Lamb