- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cup boned, sliced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound fresh or smoked andouille or chorizo sausage chopped or broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese, plus more as needed
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain in a colander, reservig 1 cup of the cooking water.
Season the chicken with 1 1/4 teaspoon of the Essence and set aside. Season the shrimp with the remaining 1 1/4 teaspoon of the Essence and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet (12 to 14-inches) over high heat. Add the andouille and cook, shaking the skillet and stirring, for 1 minute. Add chicken and cook, shaking the skillet occasionally, for about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer. Stir in the green onions, garlic, continuing to cook another minute, then add in the reserved pasta water and cream and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the Worcestershire, hot pepper sauce, salt, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan and simmer for 3 minutes.
Add the cooked fettuccine and toss until the pasta is heated through and thoroughly blended with the sauce, about 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Serve immediately with addtional parmesan if desired.