- 2 cups water
- 2 cups plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine the water, 2 cups of the sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of the cayenne in a medium-size, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until the mixture comes to a boil and becomes slightly thick, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pecans and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Drain the pecans in a colander set over a bowl, shaking off the excess liquid.
- Heat the oil to 360ºF in a deep frying pot or electric fryer. Add the pecans and fry until they are a deep mahogany color, 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove the pecans with a slotted spoon and drain on a platter lined with parchment paper. Stir the pecans so they won’t stick together.
- Combine the salt, the remaining 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, the cinnamon, and the remaining 1 teaspoon sugar in a bowl. Sprinkle the pecans with this mixture. Let cool. Serve in small nut cups or decorative bowls.
- They can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops With Crawfish Borderlaise Sauce
Chocolate Bread Pudding With Spiced Cream
Sugarcane Baked Ham With Spiced Apples And Pears
Roasted Vegetable Pecan Relish
Caramel Drizzle Sauce
Chicken And Andouille Strudel With Sweet Barbecue Sauce
Christmas Caviar Sauce
Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce