- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped yellow bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (scallions), green parts only
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup dried fine white bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 8 to 10 double-cut pork loin chops, 2 1/2 to 3 inches thick, 14 to 16 ounces each
- 4 to 5 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce
Preheat the oven to 400?F.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium-size saute pan and add the onions, bell peppers, salt, and cayenne. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the crawfish tails and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the green onions, garlic, and parsley and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Pour the mixture into a medium-size mixing bowl and let cool for about 2 minutes. Add the egg, bread crumbs, and cheese and mix well. Set aside.
Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of each pork chop about 1 3/4 inches deep and 3 inches long. Season each chop, on the outside and in the pocket, with about 1/2 teaspoon of the Creole seasoning. Stuff each chop with 1/4 cup of the crawfish mixture. Press the filling firmly into the pockets.
Heat 1/4 cup of the vegetable oil in each of two large skillets over medium-high heat. Sear the chops for 6 minutes on the first side, being careful not to char them. The color should be a little darker than golden. Turn them over and sear the other side for 4 minutes.
Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper and set the chops on the paper. Roast about 15 minutes for medium (145 to 150?F on an instant meat thermometer). Remove from the oven and let stand about 5 minutes before serving with the bordelaise sauce poured over each chop.
Crawfish And Goat's Cheese Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Rosemary Jus
Crawfish And Sausage Jambalaya
Roasted Stuffed Pork Tenderloin With Smothered Black Eyed Peas
Quail And Smoked Sausage Christmas Gumbo
Braised Pork Ribs And Andouille
Beer Battered Fried Okra Stuffed With Crabmeat And A Spicy Green Onion Dipping Sauce
Andouille Cheese Grits With Crawfish Sauce
Café Au Lait Crème Brûlée with Cane Syrup Cake
Fried Oyster Po'boy With Jalapeño Mayonnaise And Avocado
Chicken Sauce Piquante