- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1 cup cooked medium-grain or long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon seeded and chopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup dried fine white bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 1 large egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
Put the crabmeat, rice, onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic, parsley, mustard, cheese, water, Tabasco, Worcestershire, salt, and cayenne in a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth but sticky, about 1 minute. Divide the crabmeat mixture into eight equal balls. (Note: If preferred, you can make smaller boulettes. This amount makes approximately sixteen 2 tablespoonful boulettes.)
Combine the bread crumbs and 1 teaspoon of the Creole seasoning in a small bowl. In another bowl, put the egg mixture and 1 teaspoon of the Creole seasoning. In another bowl, combine the flour and another teaspoon Creole seasoning.
Heat 4 inches of oil, or enough to be able to submerge the boulettes, in a large pot or electric fryer to 360°F.
Dredge each ball in the flour mixture, tapping off any excess, then dip in the egg mixture, shaking off any excess. Dredge in the bread crumb mixture, coating the boulettes evenly.
Fry the balls, three or four at a time, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Season the balls with the remaining teaspoon Creole seasoning. Serve with the crab bisque.
Crab Bisque With Crab Boulettes
Kicked Up Fried Calamari with Creole Olive Salad
Pork Boulettes (deep fried pork balls), with Spicy Dip
Fried Oyster Po'boy With Jalapeño Mayonnaise And Avocado
Fried Shrimp Po-Boy
Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops With Crawfish Borderlaise Sauce
Crystal Fried Shrimp PoBoy
Crawfish Boulettes With Creole Tartar Sauce
Soft Shell Crab Po Boys