- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons medium dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1-inch piece gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 2 (1 1/2-pound) pork tenderloins
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves, chiffonade
- 2 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup snow peas, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 seedless cucumber, halved and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup peanuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
In a resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sherry, five-spice powder, garlic, and ginger. Reserve 1/4 cup teriyaki mixture for salad. Add pork tenderloins to bag. Toss to coat. Marinate, refrigerated for 1 to 3 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy skillet over moderately high heat, Remove tenderloins from the bag, reserving marinade. Pat dry and sear on all sides in skillet, about 4 minutes total. Place skillet in middle of oven to finish cooking, about 12 to 15 minutes. Let pork stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Slice into 1/4-inch thick slices.
In the same skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil over moderately high heat and saute mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add scallions and bean sprouts and cook 1 minute. Add the teriyaki marinade, bring to a aboil and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and add pork slices.
In a large bowl toss together spinach, cabbage, snow peas, and cucumber and the reserved teriyaki sauce. Divide salad among 4 plates. Top with 1/4 pork mixture. Garnish with toasted peanuts and chopped cilantro.
Asian Pork Tenderloin
Open Faced Tenderloin Sandwich
Roasted Stuffed Pork Tenderloin With Smothered Black Eyed Peas
Paneed Pork Medallions With Herbed Spaetzle And Brown Butter Sauce
Roasted Pork Tacos With Mole Sauce
Pork Loin with Dried Fruit and Orange Cider Sauce
Laotian Grilled Pork Skewers With Papaya Salad And Sticky Rice
My Kinda Salad
Warm Watercress Salad With Stir Fried Beef And Kid Friendly Kim Chee