- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 4 boneless, skinless duck breast halves
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly-ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons chopped unroasted pistachio nuts
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pit removed, sliced in 8 vertical slices
- Simple Herb Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl prepare a dry marinade by combining shallots, garlic, tarragon, basil and Creole seasoning. With a meat mallet evenly pound each duck breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until 1/4-inch thick. Rub both sides of each breast with dry marinade.
- On work surface lay 3 slices of the bacon vertically and top with 1 duck breast, so longest side faces you. Season breast with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, 2 turns of pepper and 1 teaspoon of the pistachios. Arrange 2 avocado slices horizontally on top. Lifting side nearest you, firmly roll up roulade until bacon overlaps; secure with bacon and place on baking sheet. Repeat to make remaining roulades.
- Bake roulades until bacon browns and crisps and duck meat is tender, about 30 minutes. Use a sharp knife to trim off ends of roulades, slice each into 4 pieces and serve with sauce.
Simple Herb Sauce
Simple Herb Sauce
Duck Roulades With Avocado, Pistachios, And Pistachio Armagnac Sauce
Pistachio Duxelle Stuffed Duck Roulade With A Dijon Mustard Cream Sauce
Duck Stew With Dumplings
Egg Roulade with Spinach, Proscuitto and Herbed Boursin
Spicy Seared Tuna With Red Bean Sauce And Fried Herb Salad
Vegetable Ravioli With Herb Butter Sauce
Seared Duck Breast With Pear And Dried Cherry Compote With Shallot Reduction
Paneed Pork Medallions With Herbed Spaetzle And Brown Butter Sauce