- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 4 boneless, skinless duck breast halves
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly-ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons chopped unroasted pistachio nuts
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pit removed, sliced in 8 vertical slices
- Simple Herb Sauce 
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl prepare a dry marinade by combining shallots, garlic, tarragon, basil and Creole seasoning. With a meat mallet evenly pound each duck breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until 1/4-inch thick. Rub both sides of each breast with dry marinade.
- On work surface lay 3 slices of the bacon vertically and top with 1 duck breast, so longest side faces you. Season breast with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, 2 turns of pepper and 1 teaspoon of the pistachios. Arrange 2 avocado slices horizontally on top. Lifting side nearest you, firmly roll up roulade until bacon overlaps; secure with bacon and place on baking sheet. Repeat to make remaining roulades.
- Bake roulades until bacon browns and crisps and duck meat is tender, about 30 minutes. Use a sharp knife to trim off ends of roulades, slice each into 4 pieces and serve with sauce.