- 1/2 pound fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a medium, non-reactive saucepan bring the cranberries, sugar, orange and lemon juices, orange and lemon zests, vanilla and 11/2 cups of the water to a boil. Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved and the cranberries begin to pop, about 8 minutes.
- In a small bowl dissolve the cornstarch in 1/2 cup of the water and stir into the cranberries.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and stir constantly until the mixture thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool completely before serving.