- 1 egg *
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put the egg, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, and green onions in a food processor and puree for 15 seconds. With the processor running, pour the oil through the feed tube in a steady stream. Add the cayenne, mustard, and salt and pulse once or twice to blend.
- Cover and let sit for 1 hour in the refrigerator before using. Best if used within 24 hours.
- *RAW EGG WARNING The American Egg Board states: "There have been warnings against consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs on the grounds that the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella, a bacteria responsible for a type of food poisoning... Healthy people need to remember that there is a very small risk and treat eggs and other raw animal foods accordingly. Use only properly refrigerated, clean, sound-shelled, fresh, grade AA or A eggs. Avoid mixing yolks and whites with the shell."
Smoked Ham Hock And Goat's Cheese Dumplings
Crawfish Boulettes With Creole Tartar Sauce
Fried Smelts With Tartar Sauce
Fried Fish Fingers With Tartar Sauce
Green Onion Tartar Sauce
Cilantro Tartar Sauce
Pan Fried Catfish With Tartar Sauce And Cornbread Salad
Tempura Stone Crabs With Lemon, Black Pepper Tartar Sauce
Salt Cod And Lobster Cakes With Roasted Corn Relish And A Classic Tartare Sauce