- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, finely chopped, stems and seeds
- 2 fresh poblano peppers, finely chopped, stems and seeds
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds sirloin beef, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 long Melissa's Sugar Cane Swizzle Stix, Metal skewers or long bamboo skewers (soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 1 hour)
In a sauce pan, combine the olive oil, peppers, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer the sauce for 4 minutes and remove from the heat. Stir in the garlic. With a hand held mixer, puree the sauce until smooth. Stir in teh cilantro and kosher salt. Transfer the sauce to a nonreactive contianer and refrigerate it for up to 1 week.
Marinate the sliced beef in 1 cup of the piri piri in the refrigerator for 4 hours and up to overnight.
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Remove the beef from the marinade and reserve for basting. Thread the strips onto the swizzle sticks or skewers. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, basting often with the piri piri.
Place the remaining piri piri in a saucepan and bring up to a boil. Remove from the heat. Place the skewers on a platter and drizzle with the piri piri. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Piri Piri-carne Spart
Grilled Lamb Patties With A White Bean And Mint Relish
Grilled Tandoori Chicken
Piri Piri Scallop Skewers
Grilled Chicken Thighs with Brazilian “Vinaigrette” Salsa
Laotian Grilled Pork Skewers With Papaya Salad And Sticky Rice
Port Marinated Grilled Flap Steak With Parsley Dipping Sauce
Grilled Pork Chops With Garlic Jam
Cilantro-Tequila Grilled Chicken
Grilled Swordfish With White Bean Relish And Potato Skordalia