- Peanut oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound Chinese sausage, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 pound Bok Choy, shredded
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- Nuoc Cham sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 24 spring roll wrappers
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup matchstick carrot strips
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
Preheat a wok of peanut oil for frying. In a separate wok, heat the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, add the sausage. Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the onions and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the cabbage and the shrimp. Season with 3 tablespoons of the nuoc cham and chili garlic sauce. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and cool completely. Stir in the green onions.
Combine the bean sprouts, carrots, cilantro and mint and dress lightly with a little nuoc cham.
Spread 2 tablespoons of the shrimp mixture in the bottom quarter of each spring roll wrapper. Fold two sides of the wrapper toward the center and then roll like a jelly roll, pressing the edges together to seal. Repeat until all 24 rolls are done. Fry until crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Serve with carrot and herb salad and nuoc cham sauce.
Beer Battered Fried Okra Stuffed With Crabmeat And A Spicy Green Onion Dipping Sauce
Pork Boulettes (deep fried pork balls), with Spicy Dip
Fried Shrimp Po-Boy
Pork And Shrimp Spring Rolls With Peanut Sauce
Poutine (fries And Gravy)
Turbo Dog Stuffed Shells
Pan Fried Spicy Crab Cakes
Creole Fried Chicken
Crystal Fried Shrimp PoBoy
Fried Spicy Ispich Clam Rolls