- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup peanut oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar or balsamic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 Thai bird chili peppers
- 1/2 pound Chinese long beans or green beans, blanched and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup (about 1 whole) red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roasted, salted cashews
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cooked white rice, for serving
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge it in the cornstarch, coating completely.
Heat the oil in a wok or sauce pan to 350° F. Fry the chicken in small batches until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Remove all but 1/4 cup of oil from the wok.
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin, chili garlic sauce, water and sugar and mix well to combine. Set aside.
Heat the peanut oil remaining in the wok over medium high heat. Add the peppers and beans and cook for 3 minutes. Add the cashews and cook for 1 minute longer. Return the chicken to the wok and add the sauce and toss well. Cook, constantly stirring until the chicken is well coated in the sauce and heated through, about 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and mound in the center of a large platter for serving. Drizzle the chicken and cashews with the sesame oil and serve with cooked white rice.
Pan Fried Spicy Crab Cakes
Herbed Pan Roast Of Salmon With Warm Greens And Herb Vinaigrette
Honey-Butter Baked Chicken with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Clancy's Fried Oysters With Brie
Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut With A Caper And Tomato Butter Sauce
Gingered Beef With Fried Noodles
Steak Au Poivre
Whole Roasted Chicken Infused with Tangerines and Rosemary With A Tangerine Glaze
Warm Pea Shoot And Rock Shrimp Salad With Hoisin Dressing And Crispy Wontons
Emeril's Fried Rice