- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 cups turkey stock, chicken stock, or canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh sage leaves
- Set a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the shallots and garlic and sauté, stirring often, until the shallots are fragrant and lightly caramelized, about 1 minute. Add the white wine vinegar and cook until it is nearly completely reduced, about 1 minute. Add the stock and preserves, and raise the heat to high.
- While the stock is coming to a boil, combine the butter and flour in a small bowl, and using the back of a spoon, blend to form a smooth paste.
- Add the butter-flour paste to the stock, and use a whisk to stir it in, making sure that it is well incorporated. Bring the gravy to a boil, season it with the salt and pepper, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until the gravy has reduced by one quarter, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the sage leaves to the gravy. Allow the flavors to steep for about 3 minutes, and then strain the gravy. Gravy is delicious served with Turkey Roulade!
Turkey Roulade With Peach And Sage Gravy
Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone and Honey
Grilled Banana Splits with Hot Fudge and Rum Caramel Sauce
Ham Steaks With Red Eye Gravy, Sweet Potato Biscuits And Molasses Pecan Butter
Chicken-fried Steaks And Oysters With Cream Gravy
Pistachio And Pine Nut Crusted Rack Of Venison With Wild Mushroom And Bacon Bread Pudding And A Cherry-sage Reduction Sauce
Pumpkin Gnocchi With A Brown Butter Sauce, Crisped Sage And Shaved Parmegianno-reggiano
Grilled Sardines With Fresh Herb Sauce
Grilled Vegetable And Goat Cheese Sandwich
Orange, Cumin, And Cilantro Grilled Pork Loin