- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 2 pounds eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 green onions, bottoms minced and tops sliced, reserved separately
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dark Asian sesame oil
Heat 1/4 cup of the oil in a large nonstick sauté pan. When it is hot, add half of the eggplant and 3/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cook until the eggplant is nicely browned and softened, stirring as necessary to promote even browning, about 5 minutes. Add half of the green onion bottoms, 1 tablespoon of the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of the crushed red pepper, 1/2 tablespoon of the sesame seeds, and 1/2 tablespoon of the sesame oil. Toss to combine. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Combine both batches in the same pan, add the green onion tops, and heat briefly until warmed through, 1 minute. Serve immediately.
- Source: Emeril 20-40-60
New York Strip With Beurre Maître D’hôtel
Emeril's Shrimp and Pasta with Garlic, Lemon, Crushed Red Pepper, and Green Onions
Simple Turkey Meatloaf
Skillet Corn Cake With Stewed Cherries
Emeril's Oven Roasted Chicken Wings
Boneless Pork Chops Parmigiana
Brazilian Fish Stew
Emeril's Late-night Parfaits
Black Bean Cakes
Braised Chicken Thighs