- 1 cup Port wine
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 24 large fresh figs, such as Black Mission (or large, moist dates, such as Medjool)
- 3 ounces mild goat cheese or gorgonzola, softened at room temperature
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 48 whole lightly toasted pistachios, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
- Add Port and sugar to a small saucepan and simmer over medium-high heat until thick and syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Line a clean baking sheet with parchment paper. Make as small a hole as possible in each fig. Roll cheese into marble-size balls and place into the cavity of figs. Press figs into pistachios and wrap each with one piece prosciutto. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet, seam side down, spreading them one inch apart.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat and grill prosciutto-wrapped figs until prosciutto is crisp and figs are heated through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- To serve, drizzle with olive oil and Port wine reduction; garnish with remaining pistachios.
Smoked Salmon Spread In Cucumber Cups
Deconstructed Spring Rolls
Marinated Blue Crab Claws
Warm Pimiento Cheese-stuffed Tomatoes
Emeril's Quick And Perfect Guacamole And Homemade Tortilla Chips
Artichoke And Spinach Dip
Quick Collard Greens
Broccoli And Cheese Soup
Chorizo, Cheese, And Green Chile Enchiladas