- 1 cup Port wine
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 24 large fresh figs, such as Black Mission (or large, moist dates, such as Medjool)
- 3 ounces mild goat cheese or gorgonzola, softened at room temperature
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 48 whole lightly toasted pistachios, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
Add Port and sugar to a small saucepan and simmer over medium-high heat until thick and syrupy, about 10 minutes.
Line a clean baking sheet with parchment paper. Make as small a hole as possible in each fig. Roll cheese into marble-size balls and place into the cavity of figs. Press figs into pistachios and wrap each with one piece prosciutto. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet, seam side down, spreading them one inch apart.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat and grill prosciutto-wrapped figs until prosciutto is crisp and figs are heated through, 6 to 8 minutes.
To serve, drizzle with olive oil and Port wine reduction; garnish with remaining pistachios.
Deconstructed Spring Rolls
Marinated Blue Crab Claws
Smoked Salmon Spread In Cucumber Cups
Warm Pimiento Cheese-stuffed Tomatoes
Emeril's Quick And Perfect Guacamole And Homemade Tortilla Chips
Warm Hearts of Palm with Crabmeat and Avocado Salad
Quick Collard Greens
Broccoli And Cheese Soup
Meril's Mac And Cheese