- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chervil leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped drained nonpareil capers
- 1 teaspoon chopped cornichon 1/3 cup champagne vinegar 3/4 cup grapeseed oil salt, to taste
- Freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 turnip (about the size of a baseball), peeled and julienned
- 1 small bunch radishes (about 6), julienned
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, store-bought or homemade (see page 153)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 recipe Chive oil (page 3) Chive blossoms, for garnish (optional)
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
In a small bowl, combine the shallot, chives, mustard, tarragon, chervil, parsley, capers, cornichon, vinegar, and grapeseed oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a medium mixing bowl, toss 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette with the turnip and radishes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and mix well. Add the crabmeat and toss to coat.
To serve, divide the turnip-radish slaw among four to six chilled plates. Spoon the crabmeat on the top of the slaw, trying to keep the crabmeat lumps as intact as possible. Drizzle the Chive Oil around each plate, and garnish with chive blossoms if desired.
Frisee Salad with House Smoked Salmon, Toasted Almonds, and Tarragon-Citrus Vinaigrette
Frisee and Arugula Salad with Pan Fried Oysters and Creamy Fennel Dressing
Outstanding Rib Roast With Gremolata
Orange, Walnut, And Goat Cheese Salad
Artichoke Soup With Poached Oysters
Lump Crabmeat Remick With Saffron Rice Pilaf
Seared Scallops With Savoy Cabbage, Fingerling Potatoes, Pink Ladies, And Sultanas
Orange Cranberry Sauce
Emeril Lagasse's Spinach, Cherry, And Goat Cheese Salad With Warm Bacon Dressing