- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chervil leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped drained nonpareil capers
- 1 teaspoon chopped cornichon
- 1/3 cup champagne vinegar
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- salt, to taste
- Freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 turnip (about the size of a baseball), peeled and julienned
- 1 small bunch radishes (about 6), julienned
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, store-bought or homemade
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1 recipe Chive oil and Chive blossoms, for garnish (optional)
In a small bowl, combine the shallot, chives, mustard, tarragon, chervil, parsley, capers, cornichon, vinegar, and grapeseed oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a medium mixing bowl, toss 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette with the turnip and radishes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and mix well. Add the crabmeat and toss to coat.
To serve, divide the turnip-radish slaw among four to six chilled plates. Spoon the crabmeat on the top of the slaw, trying to keep the crabmeat lumps as intact as possible. Drizzle the Chive Oil around each plate, and garnish with chive blossoms if desired.
Frisee and Arugula Salad with Pan Fried Oysters and Creamy Fennel Dressing
Grilled Soft-shell Crabs With Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
Dill And Black Pepper Gravlax With Mini Potato Pancakes And Chive Sour Cream
Duck Confit Salad With Dried Berries, Stilton Cheese, And Vanilla Shallot Vinaigrette
Crostini With Ricotta And Spring Peas
Marinated Blue Crab Claws
Frisee Salad with House Smoked Salmon, Toasted Almonds, and Tarragon-Citrus Vinaigrette
Corn, Tomato And Lobster Salad
Fresh Tuna and Butter-Lettuce Wraps with Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno and Basil Oil
Orange, Walnut, And Goat Cheese Salad